The year 2001 marked the original project that first brought Tanpin Kanri demand forecasting to western convenience retailers. State-of-the-art handheld terminals with color touch screens provided all of the relevant information and communication capabilities to store staff. By applying Tanpin Kanri to reduce out-of-stocks and make the categories more friendly to local stores and local consumers, stores were able to boost profits by as much as 10 percent and inventory turns by a remarkable 40 percent.
- What is Tanpin Kanri?
- What is Modified Tanpin Kanri?
- Brick and Mortar Store Applications
- E-Commerce Store Applications
- The Effect of The Long Tail
- The Effect of Competitor Price Monitoring
- Gathering Customer Feedback